Happy Republic day to all my fellow Indians and friends from around the globe. It was my dream to be an amateur blogger, and what would be the best time than the very beginning of the year to turn that into reality, and what could be the better day for publishing my first blog other than the Republic day.
We stepped into 2015, a new year, but, can we forget how the year 2014 ended with such religious incongruity in India? ‘Ghar Wapsi’ and such anti-conversion fuss. Number of cruel incidents we have witnessed by the end of last year, which seems unstoppable. Christian missions have often been come up on the topic last year; often people with much wrong understanding spoke heavy fallacious words against the missions. As because the missionaries don’t join the argument, people say whatever they like. I thought, I should throw some light on some important areas of the argument as an ardent follower and believer of Christ Jesus, and also, as a responsible citizen of India. After all, this is the generation of “freedom of speech and freedom of expression”. Hallelujah!!
I believe, among all the people who speak against Christian missions and missionaries in India, not even 99% of them have ever been to any such mission, never got attached to any such organization, neither ever known any fulltime Christian missionary closely and nor ever been in any bold and honest mission themselves in their whole life. These people basically follow the posts of social networking sites, blogs and articles of Anti-Christ religious fundamentalists and get excited, make unwanted comments without thinking whether what they are saying is really a fact or not. I grew up in a mission; my father was a fulltime missionary other than a very successful professional musician, let me tell you 5 important facts of the righteous Christian missions of India, which you should know at this time, in the beginning of the new year, it certainly looks like 2015 is going to be a very dramatic and eventful year for all of us.
- Christian missions take care of few millions of underprivileged, at-risk children and elderly people in India. Millions of poor and needy people directly or indirectly completely depend on these missions. There are thousands of missionaries working very hard right now to arrange a meal for a needy in India when you are posting your latest pics at Starbucks on the social networking sites. Already, India’s population is a great challenge to many important aspects, even many working classes can’t make two meals a day, now imagine, what will happen to the poor of slum and remote villages without these active missions? Millions of homeless, poor, orphan and needy will die without food and shelter. God forbid that day may never come. Do you have any idea, how much they do for this country? Do you how many street kids and children of remote villages getting their most deserving education only because of these missions? Do you know how many women in this country today can read and write and living an independent life because of these missions? Every missionary is not a British ruler; please change that awfully wrong, old and backdated mindset. The past is rough, we can’t change that. Even Jesus, the Son of God was crucified by His own people. We can’t undo many things, but we can indeed change the future if we try to live a righteous life. Every true Christian is a missionary in this world; we all are called to be a missionary (read Bible ). Missionaries do mission work all over the globe, even in Christian countries, not only in Africa and India. Wherever there is a needy, you will find a missionary standing with food in one hand, and medicine on another hand with a heavenly smile on face. We have lakhs of Indian missionaries serving the nation selflessly and unconditionally, you don’t know them because they don’t brag on their service. They only expect the reward from God, on earth or in the eternal life in Heaven, as God wills.
- Christian missions “Do Not Force Conversion”.No, not forcefully, this is again an awfully phony word some anti-Christ leaders use to misguide common people for their personal gain. They know with this kind of accusation they can fire the hearts of Indian youth. And, they have succeeded to some extend by doing so. However, ask us, we Indian Christians know what is the truth. We are around 5% in the whole population of India; in most of the region lesser than that, think logically, is it possible for a minor community of such percentage force conversion to rest of the 95% population? No,thats not true, it’s practically not possible. The missionaries just speak and preach about Jesus, and they do it openly, not secretly. They pray and share the teachings of Jesus, preach the good news of salvation, and thats it. Every religion in a democratic country has the right to preach about their faith and share the scriptures with common people. I grew up in a mission; my father was an orphan and later, a fulltime missionary. I saw what they do, how caring they are. The students are introduced to Christ as it is a Christian mission, thats true, but they are never forced to be a Christian. It’s an orphanage; still they have a choice to eat veg or non-veg meal, meat or egg. They are never asked to change their name, whether it’s Amin or Abdul and Somnath or Gautam . Many of them are today, following Hinduism and Islam after growing up as an adult, that’s their personal choice. But, whoever is following Jesus among them, is because, Jesus has revealed Himself to them. It’s purely a Godly affair. Can you go against God? Think, if you really find the true God, won’t you go to Him? Simple, isn’t it? What will you do with all the knowledge and riches of the world if you don’t have the true inner peace of the living Lord and His presence in your life? And, when you have Him, His living Grace, will you think of religion, race and region, or go to Him obediently? Truth is, you will straight away submit to Him, because you have seen, felt and understood the Truth. That’s how people come to Christ.
- Christian missions do not provoke people with freebies (food, cloth, money etc.) to convert them. No, thats not true either. Because, again, we are only 5% in the whole country and we do public service as any other religion and organization does in this nation. Every religious organization gives food, cloth, money, shelter to the homeless, underprivileged and orphans. Sikh, Hindu, Iscon, Muslims serve equally to the poor and needy, even the Atheists and Agnostics do a lot for them. But, if a poor guy becomes an Atheist, no one points out finger on the Atheist leaders, but if someone becomes Christian, all the anti-Christ people will jump on the Christians. Funny, isn’t it? Can there be anything more hurtful? In one hand, people are dying without food and shelter, and there are some righteous people feeding them and introducing them to God so they can start a new life with Hope and Heavenly Grace. On the other hand, some anti-Christ people hate them, mock them, abuse them and even, persecute them. For what? For saving poor lives. Horrible, isn’t it? Why religion is so important to some? Where were these anti-Christ leaders when those people were dying on the streets? You don’t see how those lives are saved, how happy those underprivileged people are today after being saved by missionaries. Go and spend some time with them and you will know the truth. Please do that if you really want to know the truth. Period.
- Christian missions do not provide any extra privilege to the converted Christians. Thats a very funny mindset some people have. How come being Christian in India will be an extra privilege? Don’t forget that ‘percentage’ we don’t even come in the count. Who will give us the extra privileges? Since, I have declared my faith and mission openly, quite a few clients of my past have forgotten me. My good non-Christian friends have suggested me to be balanced on public forums as my openness about Jesus can ruin my career (according to them), because, all the producers and prospective clients in India – majority of them are non-Christians. However, the fact is, I am doing much better in my career than ever before, that’s the power, kindness, faithfulness of the living God. Thats called the Amazing Grace. When God says yes, no one can say no. Listen friends, becoming Christian in India makes one less-privileged in an earthly way. Thats a fact. Being Christian also makes many Dalit, Adivasi, Banjara and poor Christians in villages vulnerable to physical abuse and even persecution. However, still millions are coming to Christ because of His living presence, amazing healing grace and life changing power. Any sane mind can understand Jesus’ sacrifice for the whole world – coming to Him saves our soul for eternity. That’s called Spiritual Wisdom. The biggest proof was when all these poor farmers and needy people of all the Indian villages refused to leave Jesus during the ‘Ghar Wapsi’ program. They were ready to be beaten, ready to be persecuted, but didn’t leave Jesus at any cost. What does that tell you? Think!!! No matter whatever the world does to us, God protects us. He gives us success and uplifts us from the darkness, gives us healing and peace, makes us achievers and leaders. He is an amazing living God. A Christian mission only do what Jesus has asked them to do, what Jesus has put in their heart, the burden of heaven. You can find lakhs of rich and successful Indians who have accepted Christ because He is Living God, and not for any privilege. They don’t need any freebies; these people never had any problem of career, money, food and shelter other than true peace, righteousness and salvation, which they found only in Jesus Christ, that’s why they received Him as their Lord and Saviour. There are millions like them in India! And, you know that very well.
- There are some missionaries and missions, who are corrupt. Yes, I agree with that. But, which religion doesn’t have false prophets and money hungry organizations? Every religion has devils, in equal range. But, should I stop serving the nation thinking of what people will think about me? If God is giving burden to my heart to do His will, should I think that what some lazy and good for nothing people may speak about me and compare me with the corrupts? No, I will do what many are not doing. And, thats what some great missionaries are doing, the fact is, majority of the missionaries and missions in India are clean. I am saying majority, not all. I, myself, support many of them with whichever way I can. All these missions have wonderful people running the service, who have given up their golden career to serve the poor and needy of India. There are many Doctors, Businessmen, Engineers, and Musicians like my father, many Artists and Educationists, Scientists, Top-end Corporate Executives and such high-profile people have sacrificed their shining life for Christian mission work, to be a servant-leader like Jesus. They are working to help the poor and needy of India unconditionally and selflessly. Some anti-Christ people say that all these missions get funds from foreign countries to convert Indians. Again, a big lie. It is true that many of these missions get fund from many foreign countries, but the fact is, they get a lot of funds from Indians as well, including Hindus and Agnostics. Did you know that? No, because you don’t do personal research. All these missions are registered under the society or trustee act of Indian panel code, you can any day go and demand for the balance sheet or whatever draft you call it, they have to show you, they can’t say no. Go and do your personal investigation instead of blindly believing what some evil people say to you, those are the same ‘kind’ of people who goes and beats the youth in the parks on Valentine’s day. They even hit women in public for having a boy friend and roaming around the park and discos. Please do some personal and practical research, and you will find out whatever those anti-Christ religious fundamentalists say, are all false and misguiding facts. Because, they do it for their personal selfish agenda, they are not here to serve the country. They are speaking to you either for their political gain or business, thats it. Check out their background and current endeavors, and you will get the picture. In India, we have more or less 75% Hindus; many of them support our missions, as much as the Christians do. Many other religion, and even, some good Atheists and Agnostics support us too.Thats the bond of India, so powerful. Some anti-Christ leaders have been trying to break that bond for centuries, but they didn’t get success, because, no one can win over God. The whole King Herod’s goons and the gigantic Roman army tried to stop handful of disciples of Christ after His crucifixion and resurrection, could they win? No, they couldn’t (read Bible to know what happened). So many anti-Christ philosophers had said that in due time people will forget Bible, but what happened? The Bible is still the best-selling book globally and those philosophers are simply forgotten. No devil has such power to win over the will of God. The righteous missionaries and the missions are blessed in India, and they are absolutely a great blessing to the poor and needy of India. Not only that, more than 50% prominent Indian legends came out from the Convents and Christian schools / colleges of India. You know I am talking about the prestigious St. Stephens, St. Xavier, St. Lawrence, St Joseph, Assembly of God and such great schools and colleges, which have produced the greatest of Indian gems over the decades. And, they did that in a lowest possible fees. All that happened because of the funds and the donations, which served the Hindu students more than the Christians, also other religions. It is God’s will and His faithfulness, His amazing love, but nothing else. Should you go against such love of God or embrace Him? Think!!!
My note to all my fellow Indians: Christianity is not a foreign faith, please correct your mindset. Borders don’t break the region of God. This planet and the whole universe is His creation. Jesus, the Son of God came to this world 2014 years back for all of us, and He changed everything forever. He walked not more than 1000 miles, He did His ministry only for 3 years, He died on the Cross like sinners, yet, He changed the World forever, there are 38% of the world population follows Him, believes Him and worship Him as a God. Is it possible for any human to do the same? Look what the Bible says in Ephesians 2:14-22: 14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit. 19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.”
I pray: May God bless you as you read this blog which I wrote in spirit. May your heart feel the love of Jesus and experience His living presence in your life. May you know Him intimately and receive everlasting life in heaven. Be happy, victorious and prosperous now and forever under His amazing grace. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen! Praise the Lord.